Sunday 30 December 2007

Christmas holidays, New Year's dreams......




Hi,


hope everyone reading this has had a lovely Christmas. Ours has been a house full of family and friends and has been lovely, extremely chaotic, really noisy but loads of fun. We have of course eaten far too much and not walked anyway near enough to compensate. Anyway I love New Year and the feeling it brings of fresh starts, new hopes etc etc and therefore the first of next years resolutions is going to be the old favourite - lose weight, eat less, move more!!! We'll see how long I can keep that one this time round.....


Next year the big resolution for me is to not get stressed about everything. I am one of life's stress heads I suppose, a natural worrier - I definitely inherited the worry gene from my mother for which I'll be eternally grateful - NOT!! Anyway next year will be different, and I'm going to try and not live life constantly worrying about the 'what if's'.


My third resolution is centered around craft. I'm always complaining about my job and the fact that I'd love to do crafty something/anything for a living rather than work in an office. Anyway rather than keeping complaining but doing nothing I'm going to look into what's out there. I'm realistic enough to realise that it's unlikely I'll ever be able to completely change my job but that doesn't mean I can't do other things aswell. I'm in the process of setting up a monthly card making club at my local church in Preston which I'm really excited about but at the same time really nervous. I've never done anything like that before and the pressure is on because there has been loads of interest for it. And I'm going to set up a shop on etsy and see if there's any interest in my things there. You never know and if I don't try then I'll always wonder won't I??. So wish me luck and to all of you out there who are'living the crafter's dream' I hope you have a fantastically successful 2008. xx

8 comments:

My Paper World said...

The card club sounds like great fun! Good luck and keep us up to date with how it goes!

Andrea, said...

Hope your card club goes ok it's a fab idea. I'm a total stress head and drive everyone potty, I worry about every little thing. I love Yankee candles and nearly always have 1 lit

Ragged Roses said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas too. Good luck with Etsy, it's great fun and I'm sure you'll be successful. The new year is such a good time to get things going. Wishing you all good things in 2008
Kimx

Louly said...

Good luck with your resolutions Jeanette, especially the last one, I've felt the same for many years, I always wanted to get into doing free lance work for craft magazines and little by little i'm getting there. I have a project being published in the march edition of Crafts Beautiful plus two cards in the free supplement! So it just goes to show, follow your dreams and you'll get there in the end.

Marlou McAlees said...

Hi Janette, lovely to have a new blogger to visit :) thanks for your lovely comment :)
Hope all goes well for your craft club at the Church {The Lord is good}
Im a worrier too, but i too am going to clamp down on the "What if's" {lol} have a fab new year and visit anytime :) x

Garden Girl said...

Hello-have just discovered you! First things first-the buttered crumpets have made me VERY hungry! (not fair this early in January!) and you are very clever!Those cards are beautiful. I am launching my own Etsy soon too...although very nervous!I look forward to reading more,anna

tess said...

hi, just followed a comment from garden girl, love your cards, good luck with the etsy shop

Martina Jolie said...

Sometimes I feel like I don't belong anywhere, & it's gonna take so long for me to get to somewhere, Sometimes I feel so heavy hearted, but I can't explain cuz I'm so guarded. But that's a lonely road to travel, and a heavy load to bear. And it's a long, long way to heaven but I gotta get there
Can you send an angel?
Can you send me an angel...to guide me.
Flights to Accra
Cheap Flights to Accra
Cheap Air Tickets to Accra