Thursday 20 December 2007

Cards finished at last!!




hi, can't believe it's nearly a month since I posted but it has been a mad mad month. By lunchtime today I'd finally finshed the cards I've had left to do. Only the presents to wrap now and that's it officially ready for Christmas to arrive (apart from the chaotic shop to the supermarket over the weekend that is...).


Anyway the photos show three cards I've made for my husband, son and nieces this year and must admit I'm quite chuffed with them and think they're good fun. Looking forward to this evening as off to a Cheese and Wine evening hosted by some friends of ours from church. We are being entertained apparently with some italian christmas folk music from another mutual italian friend of ours and should be perfect for getting us in the Christmas spirit.
Jamie is so excited for Christmas this year it's infectious anyway and this year will be extra special as my brother and sister in law are driving up from Essex for the holidays so we will all be together. Neil's ordered a large full shoulder of Pork for Christmas dinner which he is going to roast (yes you've read right - my husband will be cooking Christmas dinner as he does nearly all the cooking and yes I know I am really really really lucky) ala Nigella Lawson for 24 hours. We made this a couple of years ago for a New Year's Eve party and it was fab - it's a really easy meal to make and great for large groups of people. Can't wait.
Anyway enough for today will hopefully keep posted a bit more regularly in future..
Happy Christmas
Janette
x



6 comments:

Jackie said...

I've just read your blog from start to finish and it's lovely. It is so nice to read someone else praising places I love........Skipton, Barnard Castle and my passion is Cornwall!
Thanks for leaving your comment on my blog, can you remember where you got the polar bear stamp please?

My Paper World said...

Those images are gorgeous! I love your Christmas cards!

Louly said...

Sounds delicious! My hubby does the cooking too, fab isn't it! I love your cards and also the photo you've chosen for your blog banner. Have a great Christmas. XXX

Jackie said...

Thank you so much for your message on my blog. I'm off in search of it now.
Take care
Merry Christmas
Jackie

Andrea, said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. These cards are fantastic, I love the gold shimmer to them. Happy New Year

Rika said...

Wonderful cards!