Sunday 18 November 2007

Sunday nonsense







Well it's Sunday evening again and it's been a pretty busy weekend really. We decided to have a look around the industrial North this weekend....
First stop was Kirby Lonsdale, which is a lovely little town just over the Cumbrian border. I could spend hours browsing around the town which is full of lovely little quirky gift shops and coffee shops and also has a fantastic chocolatier which seems straight out of the film Chocolat - such a shame Johnny Depp wasn't wandering around or it would have been perfect.....
Next stop was Barnard Castle which again is a lovely old market town complete with ruined castle just an hour and a half North East of Preston. It's well worth the drive over as the view over the lake district mountains and the pennines is amazing. Anyone who still thinks that the North is just cotton mills and chimneys really ought to take a drive this way as the sceneary is absoulutely beautiful. Every time we do the journey I spend half the time imagining everything which has gone on in this countryside from the wars of the roses to Dick Turpin. It's fab.
Anyway, if scenary isn't your thing but crafting or in particular rubber stamping is then Barnard Castle really is the place to go. It's where the graphicus shop is which is chocca bloc full of rubber stamping stuff from unmounted stamps to stamp bord to great inks and embossing powders. They have a website which I've been on before and has loads of good things in the gallery but I just wanted to check out the shop and see if it was as good as I'd hoped. And yes it was so even with the petrol costs added to my purchase costs it was still a day trip worth doing.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to settle down at the table and get these cards for Christmas done, I've another 45 left to do to complete the orders I've got from my Christmas craft party and then I can start playing with my new bits and pieces and hopefully transfer the ideas in my head to the card and stampbord in front of me.
Watch this space......



No comments: