Sunday 9 August 2009

Oh my word its been such a long long time....



oh dear, apologies first - I'm so sorry for deserting blogworld for a few months, I don't really know why it was for so long. I felt I had nothing to say for a couple of weeks and then I seemed to lose my crafting and blog mojo which turned into months and before you know we're into summer and a late summer at that. Sorry for bailing out - I have been lurking in the background of many of you but just couldn't think of anything worth saying, so please forgive me. Anyway, after a lovely holiday in Northumbria I've now heaved myself out of the chair at the bottom of our little garden and want to say hello again.


so HELLLLLLOOOOOO....
We've had a blur of a few months blurred because the weeks have just sort of merged into each other at a whizzy speed but at the same time not doing very much really. We have had a couple of camping trips - Eskdale in the Lakes in June - very very pretty and very very hot!! Callow top in Derbyshire with friends - very very pretty and very very giddy - basically down to me regressing back to childhood with my school friend. Abbey Farm near Parbold also in July - very pretty but very very stressed due to new camper being used for first time, along with towing for first ever time and getting lost on way - despite site only being 20 miles from home!! Then away in Cornwall for a family wedding - very very pretty but very very wet - complete mud bath by the time we packed up. But last week was easily the best we had a gorgeous gorgeous week in Northumberland camping near Bamburgh where the beach looked like this....

We've never been up north so far before and boy what a surprise. I had heard it was a lovely part of the country but I never expected it to be so beautiful. The countryside, the villages and the beaches all gorgeous. These beaches were spotless, the sand powdery white and the sea so clear absolutely fab. On top of this some of the best castles I've ever been too, although my favourite by miles was this one ..

Alnwick Castle - amazing castle and gardens, so much to see. We bought a combined 2 day ticket meaning we could take our time looking around. Obviously the fantastic weather helped but even so I'm sure it would be brilliant there even in the rain ......

One day last week we went to Lindesfarne, they say that if you visit that island you never come away the same as when you arrived there. I loved the modern celtic style art there that has been inspired by the Lindesfarne illuminated gospels, and for the first time in ages couldn't wait to get back to pick up my pens and paper, wool and crochet hook - yippee I'm back. Boy can you tell I've been smitten by the whole Northumbrian experience.

By the way I've also been reading the Dawn French book dear Fatty while we were away - (first book I've read in months too - what's been wrong with me I wonder), anyway what a fab book makes you laugh out loud!!

Anyway time to go and this time I promise to be back soon.

Janette

xx

2 comments:

Carol said...

About time you were back on here my girl, especially as it was you who persuaded me to start a blog in the first place. Lovely pictures Janette, we really must see more of that part of the country. BTW I have made another card with your drawing, have you seen it? xx

MelMel said...

Hello, its good to take a break sometimes!

Just found your blog, hope to pop back often!x