Tuesday 13 January 2009

Work in Progress cont...





Hello,


Just a quick update on the penny rug to show that ok yes I am back at work for another week but I'm still getting on with more enjoyable things once I'm home.



So far, I've pinned the pennies together - I do hope you like my colour choices.

Then I blanket stitch around each circle, navy blue for the smallest and outer circle and pale blue for the middle one.

And here are some of the 'pennies' I've done so far. 12 down another 53 to go.
It's quite relaxing doing this and whilst I'm sewing I can think about what to do next.
At the moment I'm thinking about joining the local 'stitch and bitch' in Preston. It's on a Thursday evening at the local Starbucks. Until recently I was busy on a Thursday evening but as part of our 'do more of what we enjoy' plan for the New Year I'ts now a free for me evening and I think I might give it a go - Who could want more - an evening of crocheting combined with a starbucks coffee certainly worth a try I think.

4 comments:

Simone said...

Hello Janette! Thanks for coming to my blog for that means that I have now discovered yours! I started a penny rug last year (I blogged about a penny rug kit that was sent to me.) Now that I have seen you getting on with yours I think I might dig my one out and get on with it too!

Shabby Chick said...

Hi Janette, looks like that rug is going to be gorgeous!

I'm not sure if you've seen yet but A Thrifty Mrs has drawn the swap partners for the Valentines swap and we're a pair! If you'd like to email me on melbusybee@gmail.com then we can swap addresses :)

Mel xxx

Garden Girl said...

Ooh, that sounds great fun! I organised a mornings stitching and bitching at the cafe but numbers have been disappointing so far. I should probably do it in the evening instead when less people are working.
Your rug looks beautiful! Glad the ginger cake is still going down well- I had forgotten all about it but am going to dig out the recipe again!thanks for reminding me.xx

The domestic novice said...

Hello! Great blog. Wow - I hadn't heard of penny rugs until I saw your post. Fab colours! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. C x